Caden and Bailey

Caden and Bailey

Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Update!!! - The 411 (APRIL 2009)

Before you even say it, I already know. I’m WAY behind on his updates. I think I’m going to have 2 separate blogs, this one will just get y’all up to speed, and then I’ll have one w/ just pictures. At least that’s my plan at the moment. Where to start…how about bullet points?? lol · He turned 2 (“Caden, how old are you?” “I TWO!!!”) · Had his first corn-on-the-cob (will eat two on his own now) · First ice cream cone (LOVED IT! It was birthday cake ice cream and when he was finished he said, “I want more cake!”) · Went to his first rodeo · Said his first cuss word (What did you just say??!!) · Has his first girlfriend (awe..young love.. – more on this in a bit) · Slid on his first sleigh (so..it was really the top of a Tupperware storage container, but who counting) · Can count to 20 and say his ABC’s. · Knows at least 10 different colors (yea! It means he’s not color blind like his daddy, uncles, grandfather, and almost every other man on Chism’s side!) · Is a dancing machine (“DANCE Momma! Now shake you booty, now jump! Now turn around, now fall down!” – this is the Caden dance, I don’t know if this is a dance he learned at school, but he does it every time and will get you to do it w/ him.) · Will tell you his whole name “John Cad-en Pat-e-son” · Knows where he lives “Sid-on, mi-SIPPIIIIIII” Ok, now I’ll go into detail about more things. He had a Spongebob Squarepants birthday party in December when he turned two. All of his family and cousins were there. He had a blast and got lots of great stuff. Christmas was crazy as usual. We have 6 Christmas’ so it’s usually pretty hectic, but always fun! He knows who Santa is and he’ll tell you what he says, “Ho Ho Ho, Meerry Cwis-mas!" He loves the old Rudolph movie that we all watched as kids. I liked it too till I had to watch it about 500 times b/c he wanted to watch it constantly. He got lots of dinosaur stuff so now he’s moved on from his obsession with Spongebob to an obsession with dinosaurs. He’s a little talking machine; he’ll say something new everyday that I didn’t even know he knew what it meant. He’s so sweet, if he’s thirsty he’ll say, “Milk, please” (He would walk around w/ an IV of milk if he could.) When we’re driving he’ll sometimes tell Chism (we all ride together), “Be careful daddy..precious cardo” (cargo) He is NOT a morning person!!! (I wonder where he gets that from?? ;o) ) On Christmas morning, he did not want to get up. We carried him downstairs and he was just sitting there drinking his milk (toddler coffee) while he stared down a huge pile of presents. It took a while before he woke up enough to care. He doesn’t wake up on his own during the week you have to cut his cartoons on and physically wake him up. The other morning I went into his room, cut his Donald Duck cartoon on, starting singing to him (yeah, I know that would probably put anyone in a bad mood), and rubbing his back. He wouldn’t budge so I pulled the covers off of him. He proceeded to sit up, give me the dirtiest look a two year old can give you, pulled the covers back over him and said “I go to sleep!!” I told him he had to get up and get dressed for school. He started swatting at me and told me to “Go away, Momma! Go away!!” I guess this is my payback for all of the years my parents had to fight me to get out of bed. Chism calls us Bear and Baby Bear in the morning. He has a little girlfriend! Her name is Nora and she’s in his class at school. Caden will always sit by her in the morning and vice versa. Chism said this morning it looked like she put her arm around him. If you ask him who his girlfriend is, he’ll say, “Nora”. If you ask if another little girl is his girlfriend, he’ll say, “No, Nora.” The pictures are from his birthday, Christmas, the rodeo, Easter, and everything else. I’ll try to not wait this long next time! Love, Becca

No comments: